To our valued customers and community,
We have been and will continually monitor the situation as the rules and regulations progress surrounding the current Covid-19 crisis progresses. As a result, we have decided to re-open Optical Insight, as of Monday the 6th of April, to continue to serve you, our amazing community. However, going forward, during this time, we have put in place a new system of operations to ensure that everyone stays healthy and safe at our facilities.
From Monday the 6th of April, we will only be seeing patients between 10am and 3pm. Moreover, we will only be taking essential appointments. These appointments include appointments for patients with new and on-going eye issues and patients who are overdue for a check-up. For all other patients we will encourage you to wait to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
To ensure and maintain the health and safety of you, our staff and our clinicians we have adopted new, stricter health and safety protocols. These protocols are put in place to monitor the health of our workers and prevent illnesses, monitor conditions in the workplace and to educate staff on preventing the spread of disease. Our proactive risk management strategies to minimise the risk of contracting Covid-19 are:
• Individuals who have been overseas recently, individuals who have been in contact with someone who has been confirmed to have Covid-19 and those who display symptoms associated with covid-19 (such as coughing, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath and pneumonia) are not allowed on the premises.
• Any staff member who has come in contact with an individual who is suspected to have or has Covid-19 must self-quarantine for 14 days.
• Masks must be worn by staff
• Lessons, such as our lesson on contact lenses, will be conducted online, via YouTube. (Parent’s will be asked to help children insert contact lenses instead of clinicians)
• Stringent cleaning measures to disinfect before and after closing
• Frequent handwashing measures, particularly after seeing each patient, are enforced
• Hand sanitiser is provided to all patients and staff
• Gloves are worn when adjusting patients glasses and alcohol swabs are used to clean any frames that have come in contact with patients. The gloves will also be disposed after every patient.
• A thorough disinfection and wipe-down process of the facility, incuding door handles, tables, chairs, pens and toilet facilities, after each patient.
• Magazines and toys have been removed from the waiting room.
• 1.5m distance between patients enforced. Furthermore, patients are only allowed to wait outside while another patient is inside.
• Encourage contactless transactions. These include mailing frames where possible and credit card transactions only.
• Patients with viral conjunctivitis are not allowed and will be referred to the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear hospital.
• Anyone with a cough, sneeze or fever will be asked to leave the premises unless they can provide a certificate of clearance from Covid-19.
• Minimisation of contact with those who are most vulnerable to the virus.
• Maximum of 5 people in the premises at any time. This includes staff anf all patients.
• Consultation room doors will be left ajar to remove touching of door handles
• The air-conditioning unit will be turned on to filter the air
• Stress leave will be provided to all staff during this outbreak
It is our hope that with these strict health and safety regulations put in place we can continue to serve our community whilst ensuring everyone’s health and safety. We ask that you be patient with us and comply to the new rules during this difficult period. Thank you for your continued support and we hope that we can all work together to navigate the situation safely.
Thank you and stay safe,